Bar/ Bat Mitzvahs See Bar Mitzvah Flyer
Looking for a Mitzvah Project? Join “Children to Children”
A Mitzvah Project that makes a difference in the lives of underprivileged children in Israel.
The Israel Tennis Centers Foundation affects the lives of over 20,000 Israeli children each year. This year, you and your family can design your unique Bar/Bat Mitzvah program. Together, we will to plan a project suited to your family’s individual needs and interests, allowing you to help improve the lives of Israel’s children. Below are a few opportunities to become involved:
- Sponsor “goody” bags with new tennis items for children at the Israel Tennis Centers who are also celebrating their Bar/Bat Mitzvah, while developing an overseas pen pal relationship.
- Donate a portion of your bar or bat mitzvah gifts to support an underprivileged child or one of our sports for social impact programs. The donation will be earmarked for your specific project.
- Organize a tennis tournament at your club and have the players’ entry fees donated to ITC.
- Request that donations be made in your honor to Israel Tennis Centers Foundation in lieu of gifts. Donations are tax deductible.
- Help the ITC Foundation arrange a tennis exhibition in your community, to raise awareness and funds for disadvantaged children to attend the Israel Tennis Centers specually designed programs, which use tennis as a tool to improve their quality of life.
- Play tennis with Israeli tennis stars.
- Teach an English lesson to an immigrant child at one of the centers.
- Join one of our groups in the afternoon and enjoy a meaningful experience hitting with our Israeli youth.
CELEBRATING IN ISRAEL? VISIT THE ITC
Sponsor a teen
Give underprivileged teenagers a career for the life by providing them with a scholarship to enroll in a tennis coaches’ training course.
Sponsor a Child
Sponsor a child in a program for children at risk or special needs.
Sponsor a tennis tournament.
Sponsor a twinned kindergarten co-existence program.
Gerry Millman, who visited the ITC – Jerusalem and the ITC – Ramat Hasharon on the occasion of his son Robert’s Bar Mitzvah in March 2011: “Our trip to the Israel Tennis Center was fantastic; it was really a very memorable experience. Mary, Robert and I were unbelievably touched by everything. To see how the Center has changed their lives and put them on the right future course truly touched our hearts. My son Robert did not want to leave the new friends he had made. The directors and staff of the Centers could not have been nicer and made our experience something that we will remember the rest of our lives”.
The Millman family with friends and ITC staff in
front of the ITC – Jerusalem
Robert Millman enjoyed playing a match children
of the Competitive Program
Cleveland’s Heller family and their friends came to Israel to celebrate their son Ben’s Bar Mitzvah. On the 24th December 2010, the whole family visited the ITC – Jerusalem. After the trip Ben’s aunt Sheri Heller shared her experience: “I just got back from an incredible trip to Israel for my nephew’s Bar Mitzvah. As part of the trip, we visited the ITC in Jerusalem, where we met the coaches, the center’s manager, and its new CEO Danny Gelley. We also had the pleasure of meeting some of the center’s elite athletes, ranging in ages from 8 to 15. The kids were incredibly talented, and are from different backgrounds. Check out the center’s web site, and you will see the incredible work that the centers have accomplished across Israel-it is so heart-warming to see what a difference it has made in these children’s lives. If you are thinking of any charities, this is a wonderful one!”
Come enjoy a special sport and a family oriented experience!